As per last winter the club is putting on turbo training classes to help with quality training over the winter months to compliment base training and prepare riders for the time trial season. Sessions will start on Wednesday 7th November. Sessions will be help at Tiptoe Church Hall in Vaggs Lane. Doors open at 1930, warm up will start at 1945 and the main session at 2000. The duration of the sessions will vary but will normally be around 75 -90 minutes including warm up and cool down.
The sessions will be run along the lines of training within certain training zones to increase lactate threshold and to help train your body to deal and process lactate. The result of this structured training should result in you being able to hold a higher effort level for longer.
See http://nfcc-training.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/lactate-threshold-heart-rate-testing.html for more details.
If you've got a heart rate monitor please wear it, if not don't worry as I will give advice based on the Perceived Rate of Exertion scale which requires no equipment. If you can complete the lactate threshold heart rate test described on the training blog before the sessions that will help you.
Please remember that we are hiring the church hall and there are a few house rules we need to adhere by:
1. No cleats on the wooden floor.
2. All riders to have a mat / carpet under their bike and turbo.
3. All riders clear up their own sweat and mess!
4. Please make sure your bikes are clean before bringing them into the hall.
Checklist of what to bring:
- Bike, make sure tyres are pumped up
- Mat / carpet
- Cycling shorts
- Skewer for turbo
- Food for afterwards
- Change of clothing for afterwards
- Towels, additional small towel for when riding is useful
- Heart rate monitor
- Extension lead if your turbo requires mains
- Front wheel raiser
Cost of each session is £4 to cover cost of the hall hire.