Thursday 22 November 2012

Club Ride - Saturday 24th November

I won't re riding this weekend as I'm on a coaching course. Don't think I'm doing this just to avoid the rubbish weather forecast as my course is 50% outside so I'll be getting wet too.

For those brave enough to ride this weekend I'm suggesting a shorter ride with the option of an extra loop for those that want it or if the weather improves.

Plan is:

Depart Brockenhurst 0900
Hinchelsea, Setthorns, Sway War Memorial, Boldre. Pilley, Bull Hill, Norleywood, East Boldre, Beaulieu, Hilltop, Exbury, Lepe, Langley, Exbury, Beaulieu, Hatchet Pond, Brocknehurst (take Mill Lane as the railway bridge will be flooded)

That should be about 37 miles so at our current winter speed of 16MPH average about 2 and a 1/4 hours.

For those that want another 15 miles or so a loop around the chain gang course can be added.

Brockenhurst, Rhinefield, A35, Burley Lawn, Burley, Holmsley, Hinchelsea, Brock for just under an hour extra.

Please be careful this weekend as the roads will be very wet, leaves around and white lines especially slippery.
Right turn to Beaulieu and the Langley to Exbury parts will be slippery so extra caution.

If one or more of the experienced club riders can take the lead I'd be grateful. If you let me know if you can and want me to send you maps please drop me an email by Friday morning.

Have a good ride

Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.